If you used your American United VISA credit or debit card at any Target store in the U.S. between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15, 2013, your card may have been compromised. If you believe your card has been compromised, please contact American United at 801-359-9600 and your card will be reissued for free.
• Your personal background
• Your history associated with the Credit Union
• Any unique skills and education that would be an asset to the Credit Union Board.
• How you feel you could contribute to the Credit Union and its members. Mail your letter to American United FCU, ATTN: Nomination and Elections Committee, P.O. Box 1030, West Jordan, UT 84084. Letters must be postmarked no later than December 15, 2013. You can also submit your letter or application via email to Michelle Thorne at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Committee will review all applicants and submit those that qualify to the Board to be placed on the ballot.
• Skip a Pay programs – Automatic payment extensions for 90 days with needs extensions.
• Low/No interest loans – 0% introductory period loans with low interest terms.
• No fees for early withdrawal on CD deposits
• Refinance a loan at another institution with no payment due for 90 days.
We want to help alleviate some of the financial pressures you may feel during this difficult time. Please visit the branch location nearest you, apply online at www.amucu.org or call 801-359-9600 so we can discuss in further detail the options listed above and what will best meet your needs. We are also available to nonmembers who may have questions or concerns about how this will affect them and what options they may have. Please also communicate to family and friends, who may not be members, that we are happy to assist and meet with anyone who may have questions or concerns.
As of October 1, the merger with Newspaper Employees Credit Union and American United FCU is official. Below is some important information for members as we transition these two institutions together:
- You will see some new faces in your branch. Don’t worry, you current staff is still there to serve your needs, but will be getting some additional training and orientation over the next few weeks.
- You will continue to access your account online on the Newspaper website. No changes will be made to your member account or your online system until January 2. You will get information by the first week of December detailing these changes. We are committed to keeping account numbers intact with only minimal changes.
- You will now be able to access your account at any American United FCU branch. Visit www.amucu.org to get branch locations close to you.
- For now, you will still be able to access service center locations referencing NECU as your credit union. In addition, nonmembers (not members of AU or NECU) will NOW be able to do service center transactions at the NECU branch location (tell your friends and co-workers).
- Beginning January 2, additional products and services will be available to you including:
- VISA credit card with Reward Points
- Mobile Apps for Android and iPhone/iPad
- Full service mortgage department
- Account dividends paid out not on balance, but usage of the credit union products and services.
And many other products and servicesWe will continue to communicate the changes taking place with you. We also encourage you to visit us online at www.necreditu.org and www.amucu.org under the “About Us” tab where we will have updates and important information available to you on the progress of combining the institutions. Also, make sure to visit our Facebook page (facebook.com/AUFCU) for important updates and fun activities as we continue to combine our two credit unions. We are committed to ”Being the Difference that Makes a Difference”.
In the future, this information will be available on your member statement. We hope this one-time courtesy mailing will help our newer VISA ScoreCard members have information on their points and the different ways to access them. Please visit a branch if you have any questions, or call 801-359-9600.